Dating The Rich Chinese In The 21st Century
-Things to look out for, enjoy, and expect.
The dating world is difficult to navigate through regardless of your socioeconomic status, but the minute you add money—it gets complicated. From finding the person who has similar interests to making sure that you make time for each other, it can seem overwhelming. When you add money and a specific culture to the mix you are sure to feel like you are in over your head. This guide will provide you with the insights you need in order to date someone who is rich and of Chinese descent. Whether you’re planning to meet at local coffee shop or a high class restaurant, you’re guaranteed to impress them because you truly took the time to learn about how their world and how they function.
The key to dating any rich China man or China woman is not only in understanding the culture, but in understanding the way they think. Between buying whatever they want and booking vacations all over the world, this lavish lifestyle comes with a few important details. Once you know what to expect, you’ll be fully aware of what you are getting yourself into and ready to date a rich Chinese man or woman in no time.
What to expect:
- They are big spenders.
When dating, expect them to be big spenders, as saving money isn’t really their main goal in life. Between expensive cars, diamond studded Rolex, and flashy clothes—they aren’t afraid to show their worth in a literal sense. They aren’t intimidated by the amount in their bank accounts, and will do everything they can to show the world—and you—that they have enough money to live extravagantly for the long haul.
- They usually love designer items.
From Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana，Prada, Hermès to Rolls-Royce and Lamborghini, they have a taste for the finer things in life. Don’t expect them to have anything but the best in clothes, cars, and mansions. You’ll feel like you’re on top of the world when you’re with them, as you’re guaranteed to experience the good life when you date a rich Chinese man or woman.
- Own/on their way to owning real estate. The more property they own, the better. According to the Washington Post, the rich Chinese have been flooding the housing market in the U.S. for years. Why? Because they are able to flee their strict country and come to a place where it is totally acceptable to live wild, free, and completely for themselves. Can you blame them?
- Host large parties. Are you a big partier? If not, you should learn how to become the life of the party quickly if you want to date a rich Chinese man or woman, as they enjoy parties. They love to host large parties as a way to show off and mingle with others. These parties are a way for them to be validated for all the money they’ve spent, and to flaunt just how much their money was able to buy.
- Rich doesn’t mean well bred. If you’re expecting every one of them to be well educated and come from a family with high social position, you’d be wrong. Just because they have money doesn’t mean they have social acceptance from anyone and everyone. Don’t bring it up and you won’t have to worry about it. Just be aware and accepting of this and they will thank you for it.
- Those young and wealthy may be all about themselves.
It’s no secret that the young and wealthy are all about themselves. They may want to impress you, but they are extremely interested in how others will perceive them so they make sure to keep themselves in a high standing with others. If you are with them you will reap the benefits by receiving gifts, but know it is because it serves them well in the long haul.
- The work-life balance can be difficult. Between meetings, planning outings, and making sure everyone in the family has everything they need it is often tricky for them to find a work life balance. Expect the lines to be blurred, as their minds will always be turning, and their phones may be ringing off the hook even during your date night.
- Dine out often. Their schedules are jam packed with meetings, company events, and trips. They often don’t have time to sit around and wait on a meal at home. The advantage? Dining out. You can always expect to go to the best restaurants whether they are upscale steakhouses or a simple sushi cafe. No matter where you are, you’ll get a marvelous dinner every time.
- Gain wealth quickly.
Whether they gained their wealth overnight, or they were given the money from family, they have a tendency to gain wealth in a quick time frame. This can cause problems because they don’t think of the consequences of their actions and have a tendency to spend handsomely at all times. If one thing is for sure though, it is that they aren’t afraid to chase what makes them happy.
- Value family relationships. They value family relationships and will often seek approval of their parents, cousins, and grandparents. Family is a large part of the culture, and they need to feel wanted before they can feel at ease with their life.
- Like to have fun. One thing you cannot accuse them of is not wanting to have fun. They are always up for planning their next vacation or fun day with friends, and love to just let loose and have fun. From going to plays on the weekend, to planning a golf outing, they will do everything they can to ensure that they are doing what makes them happy.
- Hard workers.
If they are self-made millionaire or billionaires, you can bet that they are hard workers. From morning until night they’ll be keeping track of their work and ensuring that everyone plans out exactly how they want. They understand how the game is played and will do everything they can to make sure that they remain wealthy.
The attitude and behaviors of a rich Chinese person can vary from gender to gender. Whether you’re dating a rich female who was spoiled by her father’s money her entire life, or a male who is a self-made billionaire, it’s important to know what kind of behaviors you may come across when dating them. In knowing what type of behaviors you’ll come across, you’ll be able to easily handle them and continue on the road to successfully dating a rich china man or woman. Some of the behavioral traits include:
Their demanding nature comes from their hard work ethic. They expect others to work just as hard as they do and won’t accept anything less. Whether this is a hinderance or turn on in the relationship is up to you.
Those who were lucky enough to get their wealth from family are often spoiled. Always be prepared for them to expect to get their way at all times. It comes with the territory and you’ll be expected to handle it because you are dating them.
- Down to earth. Although they may be demanding and spoiled, they can also be down to earth. They don’t have to worry about their bills and are able to spend on whatever they want, whenever they want it. Being down to earth is just in part of being able to support yourself and others financially.
- High Energy. They are always up for being the life of the party or for planning their next big adventure. Their high energy is contagious and fun, and their drive to make sure you are having a great time with them in undeniable.
- Passionate. Once you find what makes them tick, they are all about it. If they are into cars they will discuss when the first model was made and how, and offer you insights about how the cars were built and what they were for. They’ll also tell you about how many cars they personally own, and why they are passionate about making sure that the car company stays in business.
- Sensitive. With all the money and fame surrounding them, it can be difficult for them to know who is real within their life and who isn’t. This brings them to be on edge often. They may be very sensitive to others, and leery of their actions. If you can calm their nerves and help them steer when they’ve lost their footing, they will be extremely grateful.
Now that you understand the tendencies of those who are rich and Chinese, you’ll be able to enjoy a great dating life with them. You won’t be shocked at their spending habits, you won’t feel left out when their cell phone constantly rings when you are both out to dinner, and you’ll know that their demanding nature just comes with the territory. After all, dating anyone is all about finding the right balance. Once you’ve figured out how to balance you can reap the benefits.